Today, Governor Walz signed two executive orders:
- Executive order 20-25 extends licenses of peace officers, firefighters, and private security personnel and defers continuing education requirements for licenses that are set to expire soon.
- Executive order 20-26 extends re-certification dates for current medical cannabis patient enrollments set to expire over the next several months; allows any patient to request a temporary caregiver so they are able to send someone to pick up medication on their behalf; and allows medical cannabis patients to practice social distancing with curbside delivery and telephone pharmacist consultations.
For more detailed information, visit Executive Orders from Governor Walz.
By staying home for two weeks, we are slowing the spread of COVID-19 and giving our health care system the time it needs to prepare to care for people who are very sick.
During the stay at home order, leave home only to:
- Get food, medicine, and other essentials
- Seek health care
- Care for family, friends, and pets
- Spend time outside
- Go to work if you provide critical services
If you need to leave your home, always stay at least 6 feet away from other people. Visit