KMOJ strives to advance strategic collaborative initiatives through its 24-hour programming schedule, which also includes Arts and Cultural Awareness; Community Activism, Employment, Voting, Education, Health and Fitness and Financial acumen
Your donations make it possible for KMOJ to maintain long-standing community programming as well as launch new initiatives; help sustain and grow local programming and provide information that listeners depend on to make educated decisions for themselves and their communities.
Funding may be directed to KMOJ initiatives such as technological innovation that propels broadcast radio into the digital age; increasing diversity in KMOJ’s’ audiences, staffing, and training the next generation of public radio talent and producers who will continue to serve our audience in ever more innovative ways.
Your donations also make it possible for KMOJ to maintain its current programming, and launch new programs and initiatives.
KMOJ’s Over Arching Goals:
- To educate and engage Communities of Color by reinstating the affirmative Black image of being not only a consumer but a contributor to the American way of life.
- To support and empower Communities of Color endeavoring to do business with industry.
- To help guide understanding of how institutions and Foundations can contribute to job and employment growth; increase supplier diversity and educational opportunities, and create a culture of civic engagement.
- KMOJ has a goal of improving employment numbers and median incomes of all people of color residing in Minnesota.
- Our goal also includes challenging unethical systems, policies, and practices impacting Communities of Color. We also believe diversity and inclusion are business imperatives that foster improved financial performance.
Special Series and Projects
KMOJ also typically invests in special series and projects. These include community events like Juneteenth, Rondo Days, Open Streets, Voting Initiatives, Employment and Health matters. For all of these reasons, KMOJ’s Programming and Engineering costs generally increase each year. That’s another reason why your donation is critical.
Thank you for your support of KMOJ.