Trump Administration Delivered A Huge Blow To Bahamians Affected By Hurricane Dorian

Hurricane Dorian devastated  Bahamas, killing 50 people and there are currently 2,500 who are missing. Now, Donald Trump‘s administration has delivered a huge blow.

According to NBC News, “The US will not grant temporary protected status to people from the Bahamas displaced by Hurricane Dorian, an administration official tells NBC News.”

Sadly, this is not a shocker from the man who called Haiti and African nations “sh*thole countries”

In addition, earlier this week at a press conference, he spat, “We have to be very careful. Everyone needs totally proper documentation. I don’t want to allow people who weren’t supposed to be in the Bahamas to come into the United States, including some very bad people,” the president told reporters at the White House. Look, the Bahamas had some tremendous problems with people going to the Bahamas that weren’t supposed to be there.”

He also added the island has “very bad people and some very bad gang members and some very, very bad drug dealers.”

“Big problems on the ferry from Freeport to Florida — announcement just made that any Bahamian without a visa must now get off,” Entin tweeted Sunday evening. “This is not normal. Nornally (sic) Bahamians can travel to USA with passport and a printout of their police record. This is a mess.”

The Sun Sentinal reported that nearly 1,000 evacuees lined up Friday in Freeport hoping “to return back to the U.S. with a cruise ship that had just arrived and was planning to leave for Palm Beach later that night with 1,500 precious seats.”

Bahamas Paradise, the company that owns the ship, said “it would evacuate Bahamian residents who had ‘proper documentation.’ On Friday, a spokeswoman for a public relations firm in Fort Lauderdale, working on behalf of the cruise line, said that would mean a valid visa and passport, but could also include a police report and a photo identification.”

Source: News One